This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Landlord Insider
On the Landlord Insider blog, you’ll find some excellent resources for landlords of all sizes. From the latest landlord news, to professional advice, tips and guides for landlords, there’s something for everyone. Brought to you by the excellent team behind the Landlord Vision property management software.

Landlord News Category

Why Do Tenants Need More Protection?

.Family life insurance, protecting family, family concepts.

Back in the 70’s, when I first became a landlord, I didn’t tell anyone. There wasn’t the publicity that there is now and of course no social media, but it was generally  assumed that landlords were not “nice people”. In those days there was no Section 8 or Section 21, and legally removing a delinquent tenant was almost impossible. This led to some landlords using other methods to force a tenant to move out. This is why The Protection from Eviction Act 1977 came about. The Act made several common actions unlawful:  

Read more…

Build-To-Rent: The UK’s Largest Landlords

3d rendering of small 16-storeyed block of flats on blue hand truck on light-blue background. Flats for sale. Solve housing problem. City redesign.

For decades, the UK’s private rental sector has been something akin to a cottage industry. The vast majority of landlords operate between one and four properties. Just 17% of landlords have more than five properties, with the remaining 83% having four or less. This includes nearly half of all landlords (45%) who have just one rental property to their name.  

Read more…

How to Add Historical Mortgages in Landlord Vision

A Landlord Vision graphic

When you first start using the Landlord Vision software, you are likely to already have mortgages up and running if this is how you finance your properties. These mortgages may have been set up for a number of years, so Landlord Vision makes it easy to record them without having to record all of the payments and rate changes going back to the beginning.  

Read more…
Older posts